Respiration Vials with Integrated Optical Oxygen and Temperature Sensors
- Vials with (4 mL or 20 mL) with integrated optical oxygen and temperature sensors
- For small scale respirometry or metabolic rate measurements
- Track oxygen levels simultaneously in the liquid phase and in the gaseous headspace
- Measures simultaneously temperature and oxygen in gas or water
- For true temperature compensation of the oxygen measurement
- Lids with septum
- No oxygen consumption
- >3 years shelf time
The new optical temperature sensors from PyroScience are based on an innovative technology utilizing temperature-sensing properties of luminescent indicators. The combined respiration vials have an integrated optical temperature and oxygen sensor for contactless measurements in gaseous or liquid samples. The ready assembled respiration vials with integrated optical temperature and oxygen sensor stripes are available with a volume of ca. 20mL. The separately available adapter rings ADVIAL20T allow for easy fixation of optical fibers connecting the respiration vials to the multi-channel FireSting devices from PyroScience. The elongated shape of the sensors allows simulatenous oxygen and temperature measurements at different heights within the vial by simply sliding the adapter rings up and down. The optical temperature sensor in the combined respiration vial can be used for true temperature compensation of the integrated oxygen sensor for high precision measurements.
Application Examples. True temperature-compensated respiration rate measurements of bacteria or cell cultures, oxygen production/consumption rates of microalgae, general metabolic rate measurements, respiration rate measurements of eggs, larvae or small fish etc.
- Small-scale respirometry and metabolic rate measurements of e.g. cell cultures, eggs, larvae, small crustaceans, small fish, water-, plant-, algal-samples etc.
- Simultaneous oxygen measurements in a liquid phase and a gaseous headspace within the same vial (using e.g. 2 adapter rings, 2 optical fibers, 2 oxygen channels)
- Oxygen monitoring in enclosed gas samples
- Oxygen monitoring in enclosed aqueous samples
- Measurements of oxygen evolution rates/net photosynthesis rates in e.g. enclosed photosynthetic biofilms, micro-algae
(Volume / Diameter / Height)
|TOVIAL20||Vial with integrated optical Oxygen & Temperature sensor
Package includes 4 vials with optical isolation
(ca. 20 mL / ca. 28 mm / ca. 61 mm)
|ADVIAL20T||Adapter ring for 20mL vials with up to 3 sensors||30 €|
|SEPVIAL20||Lids with Septa (PU=4 pieces)
For replacement in 20mL vials
|OXCAL||Calibrations capsules for 50ml 0% O2 solution, PU=10 capsules, for 0% calibration of optical O2 sensors||44 €|
|SPFIB-BARE||Bare Optical Fiber (1m length), ST-plug + one polished end||50 €|
|SPFIB-BARE-CL2||Bare Optical Fiber (2m length), ST-plug + one polished end||60 €|
|ADVIAL20T-KIT||Adapter kit including 4x ADVIAL20T and 4x SPFIB-BARE-CL2||290 €|
* Only EU-Prices shown. Contact us for pricing outside EU. Not for resale.
** Typical response times for 90% signal change (T90)
of oxygen sensor.
For liquids: measured for the transition from air into a stirred solution of 1% Na2SO3.
Specifications Optical Oxygen Sensor
Given for 2-point calibrated oxygen sensors at 20°C and 1013mbar absolute pressure in default measuring mode.
|Optimum measuring range||0-500||0-50||0-250||0-23|
|Maximum measuring range (not specified)||0-1000||0-100||0-500||0-45|
|Resolution at 1% O2||0.1||0.01||0.05||0.005|
|Resolution at 20% O2||0.5||0.05||0.25||0.025|
|Accuracy at 1% O2||±0.2||±0.02||±0.1||±0.01|
|Accuracy at 20% O2||±2||±0.2||±1||±0.1|
Specifications Optical Temperature Sensor
Given for 1-point calibrated flow-through cell with integrated optical temperature sensor at room temperature (20°C).
|Measuring range||0 to 50°C (273-323 K; 32-122 °F)|
|Accuracy||+/- 0.5°C (1-point calibrated)|
|Drift||<0.5°C / day|
|Minimum lifetime||10,000,000 data points|
|Application areas||Laboratory, industry, research. Not for medical or any other safety-critical applications. Not for application in humans or in food intended for human consumption.|
|Compatibility||Water/aqueous solutions, gas-phase|
|Cross sensitivity||Other organic solvents, chlorine, bleach|
|Cleaning||3 % H2O2, ethanol, soap solution|
|Storage time||>3 years in darkness at room temperature|
|Calibration||1-point for temperature (daily), 1- or 2-point for oxygen|
|Optical isolation||The sensor stripes are covered with a black layer to minimize interference with strong external illumination and light-sensitive / fluorescing samples|
|Temperature Range||0-50°C (273-323 K; 32-122 °F)|